A very inspiring, and highly recommended blogger, 29tolife, had this great blog post about re-writing your negatives into positives. No one’s perfect, but the amazing thing about life is we can spend our time trying to be. All you have to do is write a few things (preferably 5) that you believe are negative things you do on a daily basis, and then write how you will change that negative into a positive. By doing this, you are consciously making the effort to change your life for the better, and you do this everyday.
Here are my five:
1) Putting myself down. I must do this at least ten times a day. I just never think I’m good enough either in the workplace or in love, I constantly tear myself down.
Positive: I am good enough. There is no one in the world like me, and that’s an amazing thing to realize.
2) Stop looking. I need to stop constantly looking at every guy like he could be a possible prospect. I look desperate!
Positive: Let go and let God. I need to just leave this alone, and let him come to me. They say that it happens when you least expect it, right?
3) Being home-body. I need to go out more. I am going to be 25 soon, and I feel like I should be celebrating my 50th with my bingo buddies.
Positive: Go out more. I work, I’m young, and I have a few outfits I’d like to cut the tags off of.
4) Not staying in contact with most of my friends. I’m guilty of being THAT friend who doesn’t call for a days or weeks, or goes months with no contact. I can’t even say that I’m busy, I just want to do nothing sometimes.
Positive: After the tragic death a dear friend of mine, I can’t take my friends for granted. I can’t expect to talk to them tomorrow when I didn’t have time for them today. I want them to be a part of my life, and I want to be a part of theirs.
5) Shopping All the Time. I love my new job, but it is shopping nirvana when I walk outside. I am in the heart of midtown NYC. Good for my closet, bad for my wallet.
Positive: Stop and think: Do I really need this blouse? No I have a million blouses! and I am running out of room in my closet. I need to focus on saving my money and buying my condo, instead of trying to fill my closet to the brim.
I promise to keep these positives in mind the next time the negatives begin to invade my thoughts.
I promise to change the way I think about myself.
I promise to change the way I live my life.
I promise to make my life the best it’s ever been. One thought at a time.
I will keep you guys posted, because God knows this is not going to be easy, especially when I’m my own worst enemy sometimes.
Much credit to 29tolife for posting this great idea!
What are the 5 negatives in your life that you would like to change?